Need a fun cocktail or mocktail for the holidays? A spirit to get you into the Christmas Spirit? Want to try something a little different? Try making “The Grinch!” It is green and slimy, but oh so delicious! Here is how you can make your own:
3 oz box lime Jello (the small box)
3/4 cup boiling hot water
COLD Sparkling Moscato (or lemon-lime soda if making non-alcoholic)
tall drinking glass filled with straws
1. Boil your water. Add lime Jello. Stir well until Jello is fully dissolved. This takes about 5 minutes. Be sure to scrape the bottom well.
2. Pour Jello into cup filled with straws. Put a bowl or plate on top of the straws to keep them weighed down, and put in refrigerator for at least 4 hours, or over night.
3. Once Jello has set, put bottom of the cup in HOT water for 2-3 minutes to release the straws. Twist as you pull to remove from the glass.
4. Put a sieve into a bowl of WARM water. Break off about a dozen straws. Wave the straws back and forth in the warm water to loosen them. When one starts to slip out, quickly remove the straws, and empty the green, slimy contents into a large wine glass. Blow a little on the straws if needed, to help coax the ooze out.
5. Cover with COLD sparkling Moscato (or lemon-lime soda) and serve. My green grinchy jellos stayed on the bottom of the glass for over an hour without dissolving, so no need to rush these to the table.
And check out these other fantastic holiday drinks… you’ll want all these options at your Holiday party this year!